Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sick: Calling In and The Point System

Yesterday around 3:00pm I started feeling sick and by the end of last night I knew it was something more. I think I have the flu so today I called in. "Calling in" is when you call the Labor Service Center and say you're not coming into work for either sick or personal. Calling in gives you one point on your record card. Your record card stays with you no matter where you go in the company and no matter how long you stay with the company. Here's the point break down:

1/2 point for being less than two hours late, even if you're one second late
1 point for calling in or being more than two hours late
3 points = 1 reprimand

Now I can't really recall, it was spieled to me so quickly, but there's a certain number of reprimands or points you can get in 30, 60, and 90 days before you get terminated. I do know that three "no shows," which is not calling in and not showing up for work, results in immediate termination.

I'm definitely still not feeling well, but I have work at 7:45am, so we'll see how it all plays out!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. I found your blog through youtube and read all the post in 1 afternoon. I'm hoping to do the DCP next year for Spring 2015 (possibly advantage). I can't wait to hear about the rest of your program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! Thank you! I'm glad to know you're enjoying it! Please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like me to post about! Good luck during the application process when the time comes!

      Delete