Thursday, February 6, 2014

Female Character Look-Alike Audition

This morning I went to a Female Character Look-Alike Audition. The audition was held at the Animal Kingdom Costuming building which was convenient because I had to pick up some new costumes. The auditions started at 10:00am and sign in was at 9:00am, but being as I have work at 12pm and I didn't know how long it would take, I got there at 8:00am. I did costuming first, which only killed about ten minutes of my time (greeeaaatttt), but with still lots of time to spare I noticed girls already lining up at the door, so I hoped in line. They let us in around 8:20am where we got a number and we got measured. I was measured at 5' 2.25".

After about maybe twenty minutes, they began auditions and took the first fifty of us into a rehearsal room where stood in five lines of ten. Two of the Casting Directors stood at the front of the room while they played music, so we couldn't hear them talking. They looked at each line of people for about two minutes a piece and then we rotated lines. Line by line, this went on for about ten minutes. They shut of the music and thanked us all for coming. After that they told us they were going to call the people who made it to the next round......two. They picked two people out of fifty! I, sadly, was not one of these people. After that we left the rehearsal room, did the walk of shame back through the 200 women waiting in the waiting area and that was it. The end.

I wish I could give you more of an insight into the wonderful world of auditions, but sadly, that's all I got for you people! I'm so glad I went though, and Emily went too! Now I'm off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment