Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Exploring Disney Heritage: Class One

Today I had my first Exploring Disney Heritage class! It was exactly what I need as I'm starting to fall into the slump of my forty hour weeks. Today's class was simply an introduction to the course and our instructor, David. David has been with the company for a VERY long time and his story was actually awesome to hear, it made me excited to start anywhere in the company because he moved around all over the company!

The actual content portion of the class was the last little bit, but it was awesome! We learned about the Disney family tree and took a closer look at Marceline, Missouri where Walt Disney was raised! It made me really, really want to visit the tiny town and see Walt's roots. My favorite part was where they talked about the barn they rebuilt on the Disney's original farm. The old barn had deteriorated past the point of restoration, but the new barn, fashioned after the old one, had allowed for new traditions. Every cast member that comes to visit the property is asked to write a message to Walt on the walls of the new barn. It made me tear up...corny I know.

The whole class made me excited for next week's class and the entire class as a whole. I have my Exploring Marketing class on Thursday with the same teacher and I'm definitely looking forward to that!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, I'm loving reading your blog so far. I was just wondering if you know if quarter advantage students can take the exploratory classes ? Also do you have to wear professional dress to class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I cannot remember if QA students can take classes, however I do know that you must wear business professional/casual to all classes.

      Delete