Thursday, February 13, 2014

Exploring Marketing: Week One

Bright and early this morning, at 8:30am I had my first class for Exploring Marketing. I have the same teacher that teaches my Disney Heritage Class, David Horvath, and he's still just as awesome as ever today. He did his typical introduction, which I had already heard before, so the new part of the class for me was the guest speaker, Randi, who works in the marketing department! It was awesome to hear from her because she literally went over every segment of Disney's marketing department and helped me narrow down where I could see myself based on what each department is responsible for.

Thanks to all her insight and her break down, I could definitely see myself in any of the following departments:
  • Content Development/Broadcast Production-Digital content development: Responsible for digital shorts, YouTube/Facebook videos, DVC Virtual Events
  • Digital Marketing
  • Public Relations
  • Special Event Management
My Disney Heritage class makes me very excited about working for the company, but my Disney Marketing class makes me excited to have a future in the company! After Randi's lesson, I was so excited to meet with Randi one on one, so I emailed her immediately after to set a meet and greet up.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, your blog is my favorite! I'm waiting to hear back about the fall 2014 program and I want to take the same 2 classes you are taking now. Just to be clear, the DES classes don't count as college credit and don't have homework, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, thank you so much! That means a lot!!! I'm loving my classes so much and you are correct, all the Exploration Series do NOT count for college credit and do NOT have homework. However the Collegiate classes do have homework and CAN count for college credit, depending on your university/college.

      Delete