Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First EHH Shift at the Magic Kingdom

Tonight I picked up an "Extra Hours" (EHH) shift at the Magic Kingdom doing Strollers from 9:15pm-12:45am. I got there SUPER early because I wanted to give myself enough time to park, ride the Westclock bus to the entrance of the utilidoors, navigate the utilidoors, and figure out where to come up into the Magic Kingdom. Earlier in the day I went to costuming to pick up the wrong costume.......the WRONG costume, like an idiot. It was a pretty similar costume, but the wrong costume nonetheless.

WRONG COSTUME! HA!
Because it didn't take me as long as I expected to get through the utilidoors and everything, my leader let me clock in 45 minutes early and get paid, woo! Stroller was really easy! The first position I took over was "Tunnel 4." Basically I just stood in front of one of the tunnels with one of those glow sticks that are right pasts the turnstiles and told people who were exiting the park where to bring their stroller rentals. The best part was, I got the watch Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade! It always reminds me of my grandma and I had a great spot to watch it.

Tunnel 4 made me realize that I don't know the Magic Kingdom that well. There were a lot of basic question I had a hard time answering and I know had I been in Disneyland I would've been able to answer almost anything!!!

After I got switched out of Tunnels 4 I did Back Room for the rest of the night, which was literally only stacking and rolling strollers. It was pretty boring but the people I worked with were cool and my manager was awesome! I think I'll definitely pick up another Stroller shift! It was definitely cool to work one night in the Magic Kingdom, but I definitely wouldn't want to work there full time. Hats off to the people that work their full time!

1 comment:

  1. I worked MK Strollers my first program!! Greatest time of my life!!

    ReplyDelete