Friday, February 14, 2014

Inspections

About three times a term all apartments undergo inspections to check on the cleanliness of each apartment. If you ask me, I think it's a little silly considering they literally white glove our surfaces.......... I get it, they're your properties and you want them to be treated well, but we're all adults here, come on. Regardless of what I think though, they still had to be done. You are given a time window of when inspections will be, about ten days, but you are not told what day your apartment will be inspected, which means your apartment must remain spotless until you finally get inspected.

On the third day of inspections we were finally inspected and we passed. Although we did not get the "White Glove" award (you get cookies or something as a prize), I'm glad we didn't fail because failing means you get fined. We passed in every section except in my bedroom's "trash" section because we hadn't taken out the trash... -.- I find it pretty funny that that's the only section we failed because I was the one being the most uptight about inspections, haha I guess that's my karma.

Below is the page in the Programs Guide about inspections, spelling out what is required and what is inspected.


Even though my roommates hated having to clean the apartment every night with the chance of inspections in the morning, my OCD self LOVED having the apartment as clean as it was and with that in mind, I'm not exactly hating the idea of the next inspection!

1 comment:

  1. As a former landlord I can say people are gross. Your comment, "we're all adults here, come on." You would think so ... but some people don't act like it. I once had to scrap inches of grease from under an oven and found dead slugs. Keep in mind the person had only lived there 6 months -- and they were in their 30s. I wish I could do inspections on our rental like Disney did.

    Also, one time when my CP apartment passed inspection they gave us a big bag of Ghirardelli chocolates.

    ReplyDelete