Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Merchandise Tier 3

Tier 3 has thus far been my favorite day of training. Today was actually my first day out in the park, putting my practice to the test! Everything went pretty well and I feel like it was pretty easy, especially having worked in retail before. I have definitely found my niche though - merchantaining!
"Merchantaining" is playing with the merchandise for the guests. For example (and this has been my favorite part thus far): one of our merchandise carts in Asia sells all plushes, including a small brown bear puppet that seriously looks like a real bear! Guests get a kick out of it when I put it to use and it's fun to see their reactions! I get to scare the crap out of our older guests, which is, of course, hilarious and then I get to brighten up the kiddos' faces! It seriously is just the best!

The day went by pretty quickly because we got to take a lot of breaks and a long lunch, which was nice! In my next training, Tier 4, I will be learning about floor stocking, which means another FABULOUS outfit, so just look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment