Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Check-In and Location Announcement

So check-in was a pretty breezy process. I got a DORMS email a night or two before asking me to arrive at check-in at my designated check-in time, which was 10:00am-11:00am. However, since I had to eventually get my boyfriend to the airport and I didn't know how long check-in and casting would take, I decided to get there as early as possible.

According to the website, check-in starts at 8:00am, but blogs and Facebook posts have made it sound like people are let in at 7:00am and start lining up prior to that. I left my nearby hotel around 6:30am. I was very hungry so was going to get Starbucks but figured I'd cruise by Vista Way, where check-in is located, just to see what the situation was. As I drove by, the line was already starting to get lengthy, so I snagged the last parking spot in the parking lot across the street from the Vista Way security and hopped in line.


At 7:10am they let us into Vista Way where we walked to the Welcome Pavilion. As we waited in line, a couple employees began handing out temporary name tags.




And when we got a little closer to the front of the line we received our Program Guide, or as the staff like to call it, "The Bible."



When I finally got the the first check-in table I got a sticker they put on the back of my Program Guide that showed my work location. Drum roll please.....

...


......


.........


............


...............


............


.........


......


...


I will be working at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Asia! So God knows what that costume will be like! I've very excited, I would've been happy anywhere honestly. Also, I've been informed that I won't have to work late shifts because DAK closes the earliest! So that will be nice!

After I got my sticker, I went inside and received my housing assignment, got my key, took my picture for my housing ID, and received my printed housing ID. 


From there I hopped in line in a screened in section outside the Welccome Pavilion building. When I got the front of the line there, I received my "Itinerary," which outlined my next couple of days for casting, my housing meeting, and Traditions. Then they took us in groups of five and went over what to wear for Traditions and what to expect the next couple of days. Last but not least, we were walked through the I-9 form in groups of five, which we had to bring to casting.

So that was all for check-in! Minus waiting in line, the entire process only took about 45 minutes to an hour. It was not bad in the least!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment