Thursday, October 24, 2013

Phone Interview




I was surprised to hear back from the Disney College Program so soon! Only five hours after I completed my Web-Based Interview I received an email inviting me to set up a phone interview, the final step before receiving an offer from the Disney College Program.

The link I was given lead me to a page with lots of available interview times. However, I forgot to put in my time zone so after I had chosen a time I wasn't allowed to submit until I entered my time zone, which changed all the interview times by three hours.

I finally settled on Monday, October 28th at 2:45pm. And after submitting my phone interview time, received the following email:


The email also included the following information:

Your phone interview may begin up to 15 minutes before your scheduled interview time or up to 15 minutes after your scheduled interview time. Your interview will last about 20-30 minutes. Therefore, we recommend you block 1 hour for your interview starting 15 minutes prior to your scheduled interview time. 
If you're using a cell phone for the phone interview, make sure the phone is fully charged. With the safety of all candidates in mind, we have a stringent policy with regard to cell phone use during interviews. Candidates will not be permitted to participate in a phone interview while operating a motor vehicle. Please plan ahead and be sure to take the call in a quiet location that has good phone reception. 
Prior to the interview, make sure you have thought about why you're interested in the Disney College Program. We want to know what sets you apart from other candidates.
The phone interview is also an opportunity for you to discuss work location and role requests. 
Your Caller ID display may show our call as "Blocked" or "Unknown Caller" when the interviewer calls you.

So now all I have to do is play the waiting game! In the mean time I have been trying to do my best to prepare for the interview and research potential interviews. Click here to see a list!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment