Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pre-Course Registration

This evening has been quite a frenzy! Course registration opens tonight at 12:01pm, but it was unclear what time zone that was under. All of us on the Facebook group assumed it would be Eastern time considering that's what our interviews were based under and everything else up to this point had revolved around Eastern time. So at 10:01pm my time the frenzy began. After clicking the "register" button everyone was faced with the same spinning orange circle soon considered "the orange circle of death" on the Facebook page. It wasn't until a couple more refreshes and about thirty minutes later that people began assuming something wasn't quite right.

Finally someone graciously discovered from a current CPer (College Programer) that registration was actually Pacific time. So it looks like I'll be up for a little while longer. Let me reiterate for future Disney College Program applicants:

COURSE REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 12:01PM PACIFIC TIME!

To kill some time, I figure I'd talk a little bit about the courses during the Disney College Program. The "non-Advantage" programers allow you to take up to two courses while the Advantage programs allow you to take up to four (only two at a time). There are two types of courses that are offered-Collegiate Courses are similar to normal college courses. They cost the price of course materials ($10-$30) and they can often be transferred for credit at your university. Because my university doesn't accept these credits I will be registering for two of the second type of courses offered: Disney Exploration Series

/>
The courses that I hope to get registered for are Exploring Disney Heritage and Exploring Marketing. Below are the descriptions for the two classes.

Exploring Disney Heritage
Take a journey back in time discovering the roots of Disney. Learn about Walt's vision through exploring historical milestones.

Exploring Marketing
Gain a deeper understanding of how we maintain customer loyalty by both staying true to our brand and marketing our new Guest experiences.

The Disney Heritage class is supposedly very popular and always in high demand so is pretty tough to get into. So I'm hoping I get lucky!

During the summer I had a phone call with an alumni of my sorority who worked for Disney for ten years and started as a DCPer. I told her about my aspirations of working for the Disney Company long term and she recommended that I take classes during the Disney College Program so that I prove to my manager that I'm serious about the program as a whole. According to her, a good recommendation from your manager can take you a long way within the company. Aside from that incentive  I'm really very excited to take these courses and learn from what is, in my opinion, the greatest company ever. 

I have about an hour left before registration ACTUALLY opens, so wish me luck!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment