Monday, December 2, 2013

Frozen: Review

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of movie reviews from regular ol' Joe's like you and I, or really anyone to be honest. And in case you had any misconceptions about what kind of person I am, I'll just go ahead and clear everything up for you: I'm not some rockstar movie critic. Sorry to break your heart. However, I wouldn't be the Disney-lover that I am if I didn't write a little bit about Disney's new movie: Frozen.

I'll be real honest, Frozen pretty much unceremoniously kicked Tangled (my favorite Disney movie prior to this one) off a cliff. I have a long list of reasons, which might not be that long after I type them out in reality so here it goes...

The Music
Okay haaaiii...you have Idina Menzel from Rent, Wicked, Glee, and her voice is like the combination of Fergie and Jesus. So thank you Disney for gracing our ears with that beautiful magic. ALSO, who knew Kristen Bell could sing? Well she can, and that too, is magical. All the songs are original compositions and they're awesome!

Kristen Bell
Yes, homeguurrll is getting her own category. First off, in my opinion, Kristen Bell is the most beautiful creature to ever grace this planet. Let's get something straight, I would literally jump into shark infested waters while simultaneously telling my boyfriend (bless his heart) to take a hike to swim to Kristen Bell and be with her for the rest of my life. Lezbehonest she's my severe lady crush. She's adorably obsessed with slots (please watch that Ellen video on YouTube if you haven't seen it). AND she perfectly portrays Anna perfectly, she's so perfectly awkward and hilarious. Okay I could write a whole blog about her so I'll just leave it at that.

Olaf
As movie sidekick, he takes the cake. He pretty much makes every other movie sidekick look like a joke in comparison--Pascal...ha, Mushu...byyyeee, basically Olaf owns every good line in the movie and his song "In Summer" is HILARIOUS.

Sven
Sevn is the dog you've always wanted but never got. And Kristoff portrays his voice perfectly.

Holy Plot Twist
I mean I kind of saw it coming, but it was good stuff. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it.

Let It Go Scene
Dear Elsa, build me a beautiful ice palace while singing a whimsical, powerful, womanly song.

Alright, so it wasn't as long of a list as I thought it was gonna be. You might not know me very well, or maybe the only people that read this are my friends/people who want to make fun of me, I don't know, but regardless, take my word...go see Frozen. Disney has once again outdone itself, but I mean what would you expect? It's Disney!!! They're not gonna leave you with something awful.

  Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I loved it too!!! I have seen it twice now and I think I enjoyed it even more the second time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! OMG, so right about Sven too! I want a reindeer so bad now! haha

    ReplyDelete