Friday, March 28, 2014

Final Days of Disney Heritage and Disney Marketing

My classes, like my job, were sort of becoming just part of the humdrum of it all. Luckily, I have one of the best teachers out there who knows what he’s doing and he’s good at teaching his classes. Disney Heritage has been especially exciting the past two classes as one took place in Magic Kingdom and the other took place in Hollywood Studios. Both were great because we got to get out of the two-hour classroom environment. Two hours goes by a lot differently when you’re in the classroom vs. the parks. 
At Magic Kingdom we really got to learn some fun trivia about Disney. I mean that’s really all Disney Heritage is anyway, lots and lots of fun facts about the company and our wonderful creator, Walt Disney. At Hollywood Studios, we broke into teams of 4-6 and competed in a scavenger hunt! Everybody has fun at some friendly competition and my group was no exception. We found out who the top three teams were via the EDU website and you’ll be happy to know that my bad-a team was one of the top three. Now we’ll just have to see what the rankings are. If you ain’t first your last people (Ricky Bobby reference).



Marketing has been nothing but guest speakers. Lots and lots of guest speakers and lots and lots of videos. This class really has done a great job showing how my field of study could be translated into this company. It highlighted all the areas of the Marketing department and I was able to discover what I know I don’t want to do and things that really strike my interest.

All in all, I definitely recommend taking classes, I don’t think my college program experience would have been the same without them. Woah……it’s crazy that I can talk in hindsight now, my program is almost over people! Just remember that time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment