Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Exploring Disney Heritage: Week Four

I can't believe that this week is already the fourth week of class. Even crazier is there are only ten weeks left in my Spring program. WHAT?! This week in class we talked about the theme parks. Disney theme parks are, of course, my favorite part of this company and we focused mostly on my favorite park of them all: Disneyland. We got to watch a lot of neat videos of opening day and "re-opening" of the park, openings of attractions like the Matterhorn, the Monorail, and the Submarine Voyage. It was neat to see how far things have come but it was also neat to see how things were back then. Everything was just so different, from the way people talked, dressed, their mannerisms, it was all beautiful, in my opinion. This week's session was just another reminder of how special Walt was and how special the things he did were.

Next week will be very exciting because next week's class takes place IN Magic Kingdom. We don't have to dress in business casual (thank God), and I'm sure it will be a very fun class!


No comments:

Post a Comment